My Ph.D. advisor was in my Big City giving a talk yesterday. I just spent four months back in his group at Sabbatical U (aka Grad School U). The experience was one long deja vu - I even had my old desk back.
Anyway, yesterday, I went to his talk, a well attended affair at a local university, hosted by a local section of the national professional organization. At dinner, my advisor sees me and rushes over. He gave me a big hug, and thanked me for coming, saying he had forgotten I might be there. He catches me up on the group, Amazing Chinese Guy just took a postdoc at Harvard, Really Nice post doc is expecting a baby, etc. I told him I just did a well-received presentation on my campus about what I did on my sabbatical.
"That's Great! Some day you'll have to tell me."
It's true, I owe him a draft.
Saturday, September 29, 2007
Some Things Don't Change
Posted by Twice at 10:53 AM
Labels: Academic Dysfunction, Doing Science, Professoriate, Scientiae Carnival
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 Comments:
Post a Comment