I asked the students in my senior level semi-elective if they thought we should use a Facebook group for course announcements and the like. Most were either into the idea, or didn't care one way or the other (Blackboard being the other alternative). But, one student was opposed to the idea because "I like to keep the personal and school stuff separate."
Uh, Okay.
What I didn't say:
"Why then did you put a picture of yourself grabbing your girlfriend's butt on Facebook last week when you know you made "Facebook Friends" with three professors in the department? Just curious. ........Oh, and while I'm at it, just so you know: I did not really need to know the two of you had sex in our classroom last year. But, somehow, I seem to know this too. Why IS that, exactly?"
Thursday, August 30, 2007
Unasked Questions
Posted by Twice at 10:43 PM
Labels: students, Teaching, Teaching with Technology
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 Comment:
The little prince is probably just trying to be difficult. It's a power play. So, how did you respond. I would have been furious, especially, since facebook is designed to foster the relations of an on-campus community. And on-campus is clearly not a personal sphere.
Post a Comment