Monday, July 02, 2007

Scientiae!

The July Scientiae Carnival is up at Amelie's Welt! Go check it out for mind map art, reading suggestions, female scientists in the movies and much more.

I'm excited to be hosting the August 1st Scientiae! A few people have been popping over from Amelie's, so I thought I'd give a heads up on the next month's carnival theme: balance. I would like this to be interpreted very broadly. Here are just a few suggestions, but please don't feel limited by them:


  • career/life balance
  • teaching/research/service balance
  • science outreach or mentoring/own research agenda balance
  • balancing what you want in a location/ what you want in a job
  • balancing liking your colleagues/ research support
  • couples balancing two careers
  • finding the right balance of characteristics in a research advisor

I'm inviting everyone to submit something from their archives as well as new posts. I know many of you have written fantastic posts on this issue already and I would love to be able to include them!

1 Comment:

skookumchick said...

Hi twice -
(Feel free to delete this once you've read it. ;-) )
I sent an invite for you to join the Scientiae blog to your email address - did you get it? I also posted your call for posts on the main Scientiae page, but I'm happy for you to post your own. Let me know if you have any difficulties. :-)