Monday, July 16, 2007

How did I miss this part?

Al Gore III's Prius was going over 100 mph. Someone commented to me about a month ago that he heard the Prius was wimpy. I was puzzled, but apparently, this is a common misconception.

Here is a Los Angeles Times article discussing "why is the Prius such a screaming hot rod?" and "although it's probably no comfort to young Gore, his arrest is being seen by some as a testament to the little Prius' performance and, shall we say, absence of wuss."

2 Comments:

Anonymous said...

That's funny- I didn't think about the Prius being a hotrod- my first reaction was "gee, I doubt the gas mileage is very good at 100 mph!" What's the point of driving a hybrid if you're going to drive it like that? I'm sure his dad wasn't impressed (I couldn't read the LA Times article, btw- subscription only)

Twice said...

Yes, the mpg plummets above 70. I was surprised the article didn't say anything about that.

Sorry about the subscription-only thing. Not sure why I can see it - perhaps our campus has a domain based subscription.