Friday, May 07, 2010

Different Generations

Something recently made me recall this conversation with a younger colleague from the early days of Twilight hysteria:

Colleague: I feel old. All the freshman women in my class are into this Twilight thing.

Me: Ah, yes.

Colleague: I asked them what it was and they told me this girl is in love with a vampire named Edward, but Edward is a good vampire that doesn't kill people, etc. But I was like "Isn't that just a copy of Angel from Buffy?" But that didn't seem to resonate with them.

Me: Actually, from what I hear, Twilight sounds basically like a copy of Forever Knight.

Colleague: What's that?

24 Comments:

Website Hosting said...

¿Has pensado en añadir más videos a su blog para mantener a los lectores más entretenido? Quiero

decir que acabo de leer todo el artículo de los suyos y fue bastante bueno pero como yo soy más de un

aprendiz visual, me pareció que para ser más útil, así que me haga saber cómo resulta! Me encanta lo

que ustedes están siempre demasiado. Esa labor inteligente y presentación de informes! Mantenga a los

chicos grandes obras que te he añadido a mi blogroll chicos. Este es un gran artículo, gracias por

compartir esta información informativo .. Voy a visitar tu forma regular durante algún último mensaje.

Anonymous said...

i am very immpressed with ur blog please add me. my newly developed blog:
http://human-health100.blogspot.com/

trashmaster46 said...

I work with little kids too. I see them and sometimes think "I have socks older than you guys." Then I remember that when I was in college, their parents hadn't even been born yet. -sigh-

aalia blog said...

i works with a lot of interval age, and your post is inspiring me. glad to read this blog.

Joseph said...

keep up good work there!

Angelica said...

dont forget about travel too, its relaxing our stress at jobs. :)

hapi said...

Hi Twice, Nice blog you got here! try visit my new post: Blog SEO Tutorial: How to Choose the Best Title For Post. I hope you will learn something from it. Have a great day!

radhe said...

I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often. Very informative content and I enjoyed reading your blog keep it up.
Greece Holiday Packages
Cheap Greece Holidays
Greece Holidays

Veer said...

Nice blog. Interesting information.
This looks like a very nice place! I liked it so much and very interesting, too! Thanks for sharing the experience.

<Cheap Flights to Accra
< Flights to Accra
< Accra Flight

Anonymous said...

Twice, Do you know that Forex Is Highest Paying Keyword in Google Adsense? Learn how to use Forex here:

buy eve account said...

Great! i so agree.. it's like the old stuff is coming back right now.=D

vendhan said...

I really enjoyed ur blog

World Famous said...

Excellent blog,
Exam Papers

Pass4sure said...

ExamCollection's TestKing 9L0-004 exam questions are precise, logical and verified by senior certified expert staff at Test Guide. Pass4Sure's TestKing 9L0-004 exam questions provides you with an examination experience like no other.

Anonymous said...

Thanks,
Www.bangladesh-kishorimohan.blogspot.com

cindy said...

Sac a main
tee shirts Armani hommes
tee shirts burberry femmes
Bikini
burberry tasche
chanel tasche
sac dolce gabbana
sac fendi
sac guess soldes
sac guess 2012 soldes
sac gucci
porte cles chanel
bracelet louis vuitton
sac guess
portefeuille louis vuitton
chaussures louis vuitton
chaussures nike
Christian Louboutin Soldes
Christian Louboutin 2012
chaussures puma
sac louis vuitton soldes
sac louis vuitton
burberry bolsas
Chanel bolsas
Guess bolsas
sac louis vuitton
sac prada
sac versace
Lunettes De Soleil 
Chaussures Femmes
Chaussures Hommes
Tee Shirts
sac a main

Carolina said...

Hello! I would like to introduce you our new browser based game eRepublik!
You can become a virtual citizen of one of 38 virtual countries and participate in its political, military and economic life.
You can become an ordinary soldier, company owner or run for presidential seat and become the leader of the whole country!
You can focus on your own career or help your country in battles. You can organize your own private army or invest in your business, its all your choice!
If you would like to give it a try, you can join us by clicking the following link:
http://tinyurl.com/d3brm2c

web hosting in pakistan said...

this post is an education purpose for us keep it up

tanveer said...

some one has to tell me what does it means

pakistan hosting for free

online dramas said...

so nice blogger

Booking said...

thanks

aditya said...

nice blog intresing info.

wholesale from china said...

Hahaha....I love this conversation. The gap of age or generation is too obvious.

Joel said...

Hi, Nice post I enjoyed reading it. Can I contact you through your email? Please email me back. Thanks!

Thanks!

Joel
JHouston791 gmail.com