Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Update RBoC

Just a few things that have been going on while I have not been blogging:


  • I've become addicted to PackRat on Facebook. It's Addy's fault, really.

  • I've also become obsessed with RealClearPolitics. I have only myself to blame.

  • My mother was quite disappointed Hillary did not get the Democratic nomination. I was worried she was going to vote for McCain. She lived in Arizona from 1976 until May of this year, and generally felt positively towards McCain. Sarah Palin took care of all that. Yesterday, my mom voted for Obama. In Florida.

  • My conservative cousin who is turning 36 this month voted for Obama a few days ago. He has never voted before. Ever. He lives in Texas, though, so no help there.

  • My mom is a victim of the mortgage crisis. More on this later.

  • I went to a CUR (Council on Undergraduate Research) workshop as a member of a team from my institution. It was fantastic.

  • We hired fabulous adjuncts this year. Awesome.

  • Three comics I like about work, life and woo.

  • A little vignette from my house, while trying to convince the kids to get dressed:


    Dr. H: Hey, who don't you both wear your kitty shirts? Then you can be twins!

    Curie: We're ALREADY twins.



1 Comment:

Anonymous said...

And I'm not even playing PackRat these days! I don't know if I even get how to play the new version!

btw, my verification word is "cation"!