From Dalton:
"How do girls pee if they don't have penises?"
[We attempt explanation]
"NO! There's no hole the pee comes out of, it comes out of my penis!"
From Curie:
"How did Dalton and I get out of your tummy? Is there a hole?"
[I attempt to deflect with description of how babies usually coming out on their own but sometimes a doctor does surgery to get them out]
"So, but normally there is a hole?"
[um, well, yeah]
"Do I have one? Where is it?"
[points to her bellybutton]
"Is it here?"
[uh, no]
"Well where is it?
[Starts looking all over her own body]
[time passes]
"Well?"
[Eventually come up with something brilliant about the babies being inside a uterus which opens up when the babies are ready to come out. Decide clarification about cervix versus uterus and details of the vaginal canal are not necessary to satisfy four year old.]
1 Comment:
That was really funny - and you must be educating them really well if they feel at ease with such questions.
I told my kids that girls have a very small penis, and it's in a fold of skin so it's difficult to see (I think the word clitoris is still a bit difficult).
They haven't yet asked where babies come (out) from. On the other hand, during a recent visit to a bookstore, C#1 (age 8) spent about 15 minutes reading a sex ed book.
Post a Comment