[Ring!]
Me: Hello?
Caller: Is this Twice?
Me: Yes. [Check Caller ID. It's my OB/GYN Office]
Caller: Hello Twice. This is Nellie at OB/GYN Office. We just got the payment you sent in. I need to verify the credit card number as I seem to be missing some of the numbers.
Me: O.K. But, let me call you back so I know who I'm giving the number to.
Caller: Oh, sure, I'm at extension XXXX
[Call OB/GYN office. Wait on hold five minutes. Explain I need to talk to billing. Wait to be transferred. Get disconnected. Call back. Etc. Eventually talk to Nellie.]
Me: Sorry it took a little while, the phones must be busy there.
Nellie: No problem.
Me: The number is 1234 5678 9101 1121
Nellie: That is the number I have here. It says it is invalid.
Me: What?
Nellie: I must be missing some numbers.
Me: Let's check them.
[Nellie reads them back to me]
Me: Yes, that is right.
Nellie: But that number comes back invalid.
Me: Is the expiration date wrong?
Nellie: No, I didn't even get that far, it just says invalid number when I entered it. So that is why I thought I must be missing some numbers.
Me: I don't know what to tell you, we've had this number for years. I do not have it wrong, and we used the card 20 minutes ago. Did you enter the type of card as Visa?
Nellie: No, we don't have to enter the type, the system figures it out and it just said invalid number when I entered it. And the number I tried before calling you is the same as the number you just gave me.
Me: Um...
Nellie: Well how about this. Would you like me to try to put it in again?
Thursday, May 29, 2008
Invalid Number
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 Comments:
Post a Comment