Friday, March 21, 2008

Spring, the season for self-promotion

Today was officially the start of spring break. We had no classes today and are off all next week. My to do list seems to be under the impression that we have about three weeks off.

After classes ended Thursday, a senior colleague of mine, who cares only about face time, pointed out that He would be working Friday. I said our daycare was open, so I would be in also. He looked a little thrown off by this. Odd, I thought.

Now I know why. I came in around 10-ish. He left 20 minutes later. Given his normal arrival time, that means he spent no more than 1-2 hours at work. Which I couldn't care less about, except that yesterday's remark was a pointed "I'm working tomorrow and you aren't" sort of affair.

For the record, calling him on such things, even accidentally (by showing up at work) usually has a negative impact on my life in future dealings.

0 Comments: