I must confess that despite my discomfort, this peeing standing up thing has its advantages.
Me: Dalton, do you have to pee?
Dalton: No!
Me: Really?
Dalton: No!
Dr. H: Dalton, you haven't gone in a long time and you are running around holding your penis. [Dr. H is rather analytical that way]
Me: Are you sure you don't have to use the potty?
Dalton: NO! I don't WANT to use the potty! [starts to cry]
Me: Dalton, I have an idea. Do you want to try peeing in the potty standing up?!!
Dalton: Yeah! [smiles, laughs, runs into bathroom, and immediately pees in toilet]
I must thank EarlytoBed as it was her comment on my previous post that made me try to use my son's interest in peeing standing up to my advantage. On a completely different subject (women, science, sexism) check out this amazing story from her blog.
1 Comment:
Hi Twice, I'm so glad the standing-up is working! Sounds like Dalton is a lot like BedHater was. When BedHater was at Dalton's stage, direct questions were always answered by "no". I found that well-timed discussions of all things fluvial (waterfalls, streams, bubbling brooks) also helped BedHater recognize his own urges without my having to ask the direct question.
Post a Comment