Recently, I've been wondering if I would have a four year old still in diapers. Everyone says boys take longer, but the summer and that four year mark is coming up fast.
Fortunately, I'm now feeling optimistic. A week and a half ago we had a breakthrough, and now Dalton is going to the potty quite often.
This is all great news.
After starting this process somewhat late, he seems to be forging right ahead into new territory. For the last few days, he has been insisting on peeing standing up.
I feel totally unprepared, and completely ill equipped to deal with this.
Dalton: "I'm going to pee in the potty standing up!"
Me: "Uh, okay. Are you sure you don't want to sit down?"
Dalton: "Yeah! I'm going to stand up!"
Me: "Okay"
I leave and say to Dr. H. "I have absolutely no idea what to do. You go."
Maybe I just need a little more time to adjust to the idea.
Saturday, March 08, 2008
Ill equipped
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 Comments:
Glad Dad was there. Some of my friends have been going through this as well. Be prepared to clean. Everywhere.
I remember those days. I had no idea what to do with our son, so once I put him standing on the toilet seat--one foot on each side, straddling the pool. He put his hands on the toilet reservoir for support, and then used his body to aim. He never went back to diapers after that kind of fun.
Post a Comment