Over the holidays, we were at my mother's house in Arizona. My mother is divorced and has been for over ten years. My Uncle Joe (her older bother) called while my mother was out. The conversation went something like this:
Dr. H: Hello?
Uncle Joe: This is Joe, [Mom's Name]'s brother. Who is this?!
Dr. H: Oh, Hi Joe, it's H, her son-in-law.
Uncle Joe: H! Oh! Hi! Uh...tell Twice I said hi.
Dr. H: O.K.
Uncle Joe: Bye.
Dr. H: Uh, O.K. bye.
------
My mom comes home.
Dr. H: Joe called
My Mom: I know, he called me on my cell. He said he was so discombobulated that a man answered he couldn't recover his composure even once he knew it was you.
Me: What?
My Mom: He said "I called you house and a man answered! I was so concerned, I mean, what were you doing having a man in your house answering your phone?" Then he said he was so flustered, he didn't know what to do.
Me: So, you can't have a man over and allow him to answer your phone?
My Mom: I guess.
Dr. H: What?
Me: So, that's funny, he doesn't think you should date?
My Mom: I know, for goodness sake. I'm sixty-six years old!
I guess that over-protective older brother role doesn't go away with age.
Sunday, January 27, 2008
A phone call from my uncle
Posted by Twice at 11:33 AM
Labels: general blogging, kindred
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 Comments:
Post a Comment