- From Bob Park's What's New from April 20th:
Students who participated in sexual abstinence programs were just as likely to have sex as those who did not, according to a study ordered by Congress. Nor did they have fewer sex partners, or wait longer to become sexually active. The report, released late last Friday, comes just after the abrupt resignation of Dr. Eric Keroack, an anti-birth control zealot, appointed by Bush just four months ago to head the Office of Population Affairs of the Department of Health and Human Services. A non-board-certified gynecologist/obstetrician who operates six Christian anti- abortion centers in Massachusetts, Keroack had been notified of a state investigation into his private practice.
Okay, I'm glad Keroack resigned, but how did I miss this guy was appointed in the first place? - See Abortion Clinic Days for a reaction to the recent supreme court decision. For a personal account, see Cicily's post at And I Wasted All That Birth Control. Don't try reading the last without tissues nearby.
Tuesday, April 24, 2007
Two Remarks
Posted by Twice at 2:35 PM
Labels: liberal world view