Friday, April 27, 2007

The best possible outcome

A month or so ago, I applied for an open Assistant Dean position at my college. I had mixed feelings, as it is something I would like to do down the line, but not now. I've had a productive and helpful sabbatical so far and have about two or three years worth of research projects planned. (It's amazing how having time to think and reflect helps one think clearly.)

I decided to apply anyway. Two reasons: (a) the opening is now not later and (b) there are several other administrative things that will be coming up shortly, so I thought it advisable to apply for the assistant dean to get on the radar.




To: twice@slac.edu
From: dean@slac.edu
Date: April 27, 2007
Re: Assistant Dean Position
.
.
.

[Insert stuff here about candidate chosen (not me) and why. Fabulous choice btw.]
.
.
.


I was very, very impressed with your interview and think that it would be Small College's loss if you did not continue to be involved in administrative work at the College. I would like to talk to you about this more. Would you be willing to give [administrative assistant] a call and set up a time to meet?



I could be wrong, but I think this means I am on the radar.

0 Comments: